Student Central Membership
Student Central is the federal student services centre for the University of London (UoL). Or in other words, we’re a second service, first being your own students’ union, for you to enjoy and utilise whilst you’re studying at the University of London.
However, there are different categories and levels of membership to Student Central that cover not only University of London students (including International Programmes students), but also University of London staff, graduates of the University and more. Here we will go over what those categories are and how you could fit in to one of them so that you can take advantage of all of the benefits on offer here at Student Central.
NEW FOR 2015/16! City University London (who will be joining UoL in Autumn 2016) can now take advantage of a free Full Student Central Membership!
* Please take note that membership is strictly non-transferable.
Full membership is free. To be eligible to become a member in this category, you need to be one of the following:
- A registered student of the University of London, which means you are studying, full time or part time, through one of the colleges of University of London or through University of London International Programmes. See the full list of colleges here.
- An Honorary Life member of ULU/ Student Central.
Where can I get my Full Membership Card?
•During September, we will be visiting UoL Colleges' Freshers' Fayres. There will be opportunity to obtain your Student Central Membership Card at our stalls.
•Visit Student Central Reception on the Ground Floor of the Student Central Building. Ensure you bring your valid student ID.
We are unable to process online Student Central card application online because not all colleges agree to supply us with student details to check student eligibility. We're looking into a way to have Student Central cards available online in the future.
Why should I become a Full Member?
Full Student Central Memebers are entitled to use the following services:
- Join Student Central's Energybase Fitness Centre at a reduced student rate. There is no starter joining fee.
- Access to student discounts via our partners.
- Join sports clubs and societies and represent UoL in competitions.
- Enjoy access to Student Central's services after 6:30pm.
- Purchase advanced online tickets to Student Central events.
Cost & Eligbility
Associate Membership costs £40 per year (unless your Student Central Associate Member College has already paid for this). To be eligible to become a member in this category, you need to be one of the following:
- A staff member of UoL or one of its Constituent Colleges. See the full list of colleges here.
- A graduate from any UoL college or institution.
- A student outisde of UoL with a valid student ID card.
Where do I get my Associate Membership Card?
Visit Student Central Reception on the Ground Floor of the Student Central Building. Ensure you bring the following: your £40 membership fee* and evidence of eligibilty (student ID, Staff ID, Alumni Card or a photocopy of your graduation certificate).
We will then ask you a few details, register your details onto our system and give you your new Associate Card.
NB: Senate / Stewart House staff - If you work in Senate House or Stewart House, You can get your SC Card from the Student Central Reception free of charge.
You can also apply and pay for an associate membership online. Click here and follow the instructions.
Why should I become an Associate Member?
Student Central Associate Memebers are entitled to use the following Student Central services:
- Join Student Central's Energybase Fitness Centre at a reduced Associate rate. There is no starter joining fee.
- Join sports clubs and societies**
- Enjoy access to Student Central's services after 6:30pm
- Purchase advanced online tickets to Student Central events (when online ticketing is available).
Can I buy my card online?
Pay for your associate membership
Activate your Student Central Loyalty Card
You can use your Student Central card as a loyalty card in our bars and collect points.
Please click on the following link and fill in the form to activate your loyalty card www.studentcentral.london/loyalty/
* The Associate Membership card is valid for a year from the date of issue.
** When joining a club or society, you will not be eligible to compete in any national university leagues involved with BUCS (Briitish Universities and Colleges Sport) or compete for representative sides, however you will be able to get involved with all of their training and other activities. Not all clubs compete in national competitions, so please check with each club individually regarding these restrictions.
Associate members are not eligible to hold officer positions in clubs or societies or to vote.
Replacement membership cards are available at reception at a cost of £3.
If you do not fall under any of the above criteria then you are not eligible for Student Central membership.
Don't worry, members of the public can still join the Energybase Fitness Centre under a private membership.
If you would like to have more clarification on any of these criteria, please email email@example.com or call 020 7664 2000.