What is it?
Student Central have an advisory group that meets with senior staff on a regular basis. The advisory group is made up of current club and society members who are also students from the University of London. Their primary purpose is to advise on clubs and societies, reporting on comments, issues and successes. They are an invaluable contact for clubs and societies to feed information to Student Central, can provide assistance to you or formally ask for assistance from the staff team and can possibly advise on best practice if appropriate. The list of Advisory Group members is below with their contact details and the clubs and societies under their remit.”
What does it do?
The group meets throughout the year to discuss general issues that affect Student Central users as well as introduce and approve new and exciting activities that will enhance the overall student experience of studying in London. Its other duties include:
- Consider applications for the creation of new Student Central clubs and societies, confirm whether these applications meet the requirements of the regulations and recognise new student activities that do.
- Approve the annual allocation of funding to Student Central clubs and societies.
- Develop the range of personal development activities for students and guide the student activities department so that it better serves the student body.
- Discuss and approve changes to the constitution.
- Report to the Student Central Management Group.
A more detailed list of duties can be found here.
How can I join?
The group is made of students who have been elected to represent their own unique group of student central activities. They are responsible for gathering feedback from the activities in their group as well as communicating upcoming changes or requests from the student activities department.
The groups are as follows.
- Pool Users - Canoe Polo; Lifesaving; Water Polo; Swimming; Sub-Aqua
- Ice/Water Sports - Boat; Ice Hockey; Sailing; Snow Sports
- Other Ball Sports - Cricket; Lacrosse; Polo; Volleyball
- Other Sports - Archery; Athletics; Fencing; Gymnastics; Rifle; Mountaineering, Skydiving
- Martial Arts - Jitsu; Judo; Karate; Shaolin Kung Fu
- Dance - Breakdance; Dancesport; Hip Hop
- Musical - Chamber Choir; Jazz; Orchestra; Revelation Rock Gospel Choir
- Religious/Cultural Groups - Buddha; Koinonia; Overseas Christian Fellowship
- General Interest - Art, Debate; Harry Potter; St John’s Ambulance LINKS
Elections for representatives take place at the beginning of the year during officer training. You may put your name forward at any time before elections are held. You must be a full student member of student central and a current member of a club or society to stand.
Decisions and minutes
Below are links to meeting minutes from the last academic year showing the topics discussed and decisions made by the advisory group.
Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 11.05.15
Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 05.03.15
Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 08.12.14